VDQ : Can my FC1's gnome-terminal be fixed?

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Sun Oct 31 19:13:43 UTC 2004

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:06:15 -0500, Beartooth wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:53:18 -0700, Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:
>
>> Can you add a new user test that new user?
>
> Yes. I did, and tried "su test", then telling btth's kde terminal
> "gnome-terminal &". (I'll log out and back in in a minute)
                (snip)
> Stay tuned. I'll log out, and back in as test.

Logged in as test, I put the terminal launcher on the panel, moved it to
the position I normally keep it, and clicked on it. Test got a
gnome-terminal, with a working prompt, and can modify things like the
colors -- which is what my eyeballs require.

I hope that tells you what I need to do to re-enable the prompt for my
regular user!

--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!