USB Flash Disk + data not sync'ed during unload

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Wed Sep 1 01:17:23 UTC 2004

Guys,

	this is causing data curruption. I'm using Gnome + FC2 and wondering
why the act of umounting the drive does not call the "sync" before it's
marked as unmounted?

Right now, what I see happening is that, when you click on the Unmount
VOlume icon, the icon will straight away gets changed to the unmounted
status, but data is only starting to get sync'ed. And I've unknowingly
just pulled out the disk before it fully sync's.

This is not good.
I think I might have fried a 64MB key not too long ago due to this.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel 2.6.8.1.Aug.29