network

Andrea Giuliano a.giuliano at iccu.sbn.it
Wed Sep 1 08:26:14 UTC 2004

Nina Pham wrote:

> I just installed FC2 and configured network. However, I can not ping
> anything except localhost, nor rlogin to the system from my pc. How do
> I check if my FC2 system actually is able to access to the internet?

Nina, please post at least the output from ifconfig and route.

The content of /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<device-name> (where
<device-name> is whatever interface are you using, say ppp0, eth0 and
such), would be useful too. Strip or alter any sensible data in it (but
no password or such should be there.)

Best regards.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico