Printing from GIMP

Julien Olivier julo at altern.org
Wed Sep 1 08:53:54 UTC 2004

Hi list.

I've got an HP PSC 2175 all-in-one printer. It's automatically
detected/setup by kudzu and system-config-printer.

The only problem is that, in GIMP, it's configured by default as a
Postscript printer. The result, when I try to print, is a very long
sequel of pages full of ascii codes... Not quite pretty.

Finally, I found out that I could setup my printer through GIMP by
choosing a printer model (other than Postscript). The problem here is
that the printer list is different from the list in system-config-
printer, and my printer doesn't show up in the list.

Now, selecting a different model from mine results in bad quality
printing, but at least it prints something...

So, my questions are:
 - Isn't possible to have kudzu/system-config-printer automatically
setup GIMP's printer as well (not default to postscript) ?
 - Why is GIMP's printers list different (and shorter) than system-
config-printer's list ? And which model should I choose when I have an
HP PSC 2175 printer ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Julien Olivier <julo at altern.org>