Up2date not working

Jonathan Allen jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 13:15:40 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I have FC2 running on a machine inside our corporate firewall.  The machine
has no direct Internet access but must use squid running on the firewall
machine.  I started up2date, and it went through the setup-process for a
first-time connection.  I pointed it at squid:3128 and it seemed happy.
However, when I tell it to go and start work, it puts up the following
process dialog:

   Fetching http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/fedora-core-2/headers/header.info

and sits there on a permanent basis.  Monitoring the network, there is no
traffic and the squid log doesn't report any attempt to actually make the
access.

What gives ?

Jonathan