Problems mounting udf filesystems in Fedora Core 2

Hugo Vieira Neto hvieir at essex.ac.uk
Wed Sep 1 19:44:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have just installed Fedora Core 2 in my laptop (a Compaq-HP NX9005)
and I'm having problems to mount udf filesystems (CD-RW's).

The automount works, but the contents of CD-RW's (written in Windows XP)
is inaccessible. The directories appear as files and when I try to check
their properties they simply disappear. Has anyone else experienced the
same problem and, more importantly, has found a solution? :) Any help
would be very much appreciated.

The corresponding entry in /etc/fstab is "/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0". I have tried to use the kernel
option "hdc=ide-scsi" (which was previously used in Red Hat 9.0 - kernel
2.4.20), but unfortunately without any success.

Thanks,

Hugo