modprobe cpu usage > 90 %

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Sep 2 07:15:09 UTC 2004

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 09:31:46 +0200, Hans Christian Studt wrote:

> I am trying to restart iptables through the KDE gui services tool, and according to 'top' modprobe use > 90%, now for more than 5 minuttes, while the service gui is unavailable.
>
> I probably wiil have to reboot to recover from this situation.

Yes, that's likely. Search bugzilla.redhat.com (also
bugzilla.netfilter.org) for the corresponding open bug reports. Since
kernel 2.4, there has been a problem unloading netfilter connection
tracking modules. You better not touch these modules once they're
loaded. Your problem could be the same one.