Yum gpgcheck problem

Mike Ramirez mike at thexxxhost.com
Thu Sep 2 18:05:33 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 10:34, Dave Stevens wrote:
> I recently tried to get better function out of yum by using the yum.conf
> recommended by fedorafaq - at http://www.fedorafaq.org/#yumconf
>
> When I try to use it I get this message:
>
> [dave at athlon dave]$ su
> Password:
> [root at athlon dave]# yum update firefox
> using ftp, http[s], or file for servers, Aborting - gpgcheck=1
> [root at athlon dave]#
>
> Anyone know why?
>
> Dave
>
> --
> Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings
HEy

Did you import the gpg key for each repo?  I know freshrpms, dags,
fries, livna all have one and I think the rest do also.

Just got to each website and get the link to the GPG Key file and import
it like this

rpm --import http://freshrpms.net/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.txt

Thats for freshrpms.   You only need to do this once for each site not
for every entry in yum.conf.  or in yum.conf turn off gpgcheck

gpgcheck=0

This method is not recommended as the gpg key is used to verify the
authenticity of the rpm.

--

Mike Ramirez <mike at thexxxhost.com>