Skype

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Fri Sep 3 08:05:37 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 07:08 +0200, antonio montagnani wrote:
> John McBride wrote/ha scritto, On/il 03/09/2004 03:23:
>
> > antonio montagnani wrote:
> >
> >> Has someone successfully run Skype TCP/IP telephone system on Fedora
> >> 2???
> >>
> >> It rings, but i do not hear the correspondent voice in the
> >> loudspeakers.....and it often freezes, especially if I try to kill a
> >> dial...
> >> Any experience???
> >>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Mine works fine after I punched through the firewall. They have a
> > special user, "Echo Test Service", you can use for testing. Also
> > skype.com has a linux user's forum, too.
> >
> > ---
> > John
> >

> Not a problem with firewall, as on same Network, a Windows machine is
> working fine (unless beta Linux release suffers from it and stable 1.0
> release not)
> I can't connect "Echo Test Service" : is it correct???
What is the result of iptables -nL on the machine that you are trying to
run Skype?

You may find that it could be a firewall problem on the local machine
and not on the gateway to the Internet (and if the local machine IS the
gateway to the internet, it could still be a firewall problem that would
not affect the other machines.)
--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator