Skype

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Fri Sep 3 08:33:06 UTC 2004

Douglas Furlong wrote/ha scritto, On/il 03/09/2004 10:05:

>>Not a problem with firewall, as on same Network, a Windows machine is
>>working fine (unless beta Linux release suffers from it and stable 1.0
>>release not)
>>I can't connect "Echo Test Service" : is it correct???
>
> What is the result of iptables -nL on the machine that you are trying to
> run Skype?
>
> You may find that it could be a firewall problem on the local machine
> and not on the gateway to the Internet (and if the local machine IS the
> gateway to the internet, it could still be a firewall problem that would
> not affect the other machines.)

Only to resume:

I have Skype installed on two PC's on same network (and on two similar
network)
On my home network, I can estabish connection from PC1 to PC2 and
reverse (I guess that there is no firewall problem, otherway I couldn't
connect either way,....)
The only problem is that when ringing is heard on Linux PC, connection
is established, but no sound from loudspeakers ....sound is o.k. with
other applications!!!).Linux PC is also gateway to Internet, but as I
establish connection I exclude that firewalling is the problem.
Please note  that office network is working properly--
  Antonio

  Working with Mozilla 1.7.2 on Linux Fedora Core 2
    Utilizzo Mozilla 1.7.2 su Linux Fedora Core 2