please explain

Deepak Oberoi oberoi_1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 12:47:47 UTC 2004

Thanks very much paul
that was a big help!
but i still cant make any sense out of these ones..

48: if ! test -f /var/run/sm-client.pid ; then
49: echo -n $"Starting sm-client: "
50: touch /var/run/sm-client.pid
51: chown smmsp:smmsp /var/run/sm-client.pid
52: daemon --check sm-client /usr/sbin/sendmail -L
sm-msp-queue -Ac \
53: -q $SMQUEUE $SENDMAIL_OPTARG
54: RETVAL=$?
55: echo