Problems mounting udf filesystems in Fedora Core 2

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 13:11:25 UTC 2004

Hugo Vieira Neto wrote:
> I believe there must be a bug in udf-linux...

Do you have a 2.6.8 kernel? I understand there were some bugfixes in
just this area.

Incidentally, it looks as though the disk creator you used expects the
disk will only be used on Windows, and is playing about with autorun
and different contents for ISO9660 and UDF (they can be made
compatible). Windows clients that can't read the UDF and have autorun
enabled will be automatically "upgraded" using the ISO9660 contents
so they can read the UDF.

Not that this helps you much.

If you're not sure which kernel you're running, run uname -r from a
command prompt.

Alternatively, you could try using -o session=0 (or =1, =2...) on the
mount command.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "What kind of music do you get here, ma'am?"
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | "Why, we get both kinds of music, Country and