Going from cyrus imap to dovecot

Gordon Charrick gordonmc at cox.net
Fri Sep 3 16:35:04 UTC 2004

When I convert my main machine from FC1 to FC2 I want to move from using
cyrus imapd to dovecot. It's mainly for simplicity but I also want to
use a more standard mail directory format. Unfortunately, I haven't
found a way to convert my existing mail to maildir format. There seems
to be lots of information on how to convert to the cyrus format but not
from it. I really need to keep metainformation like whether or not the
message has been read already. Has anyone done this?

--
Gordon Charrick
gordonmc at cox.net