chroot not working against other distributions

I have some tools on a Debian partition and I used to access them
with a chroot (from a Mandrake partition) but this doesn't work
from Fedora

Instead I get this message

"Inconsistency detected by ld.so: rtld.c: 1192: dl_main: Assertion
`(void *) ph->p_vaddr == _rtld_local._dl_sysinfo_dso' failed!"

If I try to chroot from Fedora to a Mandrake partition I get a
segmentation fault.

I thought it could be related to ,prelink so I made a
prelink -ua but to avail.

Any clues?

			JFM