DVD burning error (problem with kernel 2.6.8-1.521?)

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Sun Sep 5 11:00:32 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I have developed a problem with DVD burning on FC2 after upgrading from
2.6.7-1.494.2.2 (and previous versions) to 2.6.8-1.521.  Before the
upgrade to 2.6.8 I was able to burn DVDs using my NEC ND2500a DVD
Burner, but after the kernel upgrade I can't, the error I get in k3b
(passed through from growisofs) is:

growisofs
:-( unable to GET CONFIGURATION: Operation not permitted
:-( non-MMC unit?

(screengrab here for your amusement: http://store.amoto.co.uk/dvd-error.png)

Anyone any ideas as to why this could be happening?  It is a pain to
have to reboot to a new kernel when I want to burn a DVD.

Thanks
Will.