correct way to set firefox/thunderbird as preferred brower/mail client

Lewi Kristianto ichtus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 06:16:58 UTC 2004

I have that trouble too when watch news reader in evolution,
and want firefox open the link

I have copy /usr/bin/mozilla script to /usr/bin/firefox, and change
any entry /usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.2 -> /usr/local/firefox (my
installation directory in my case)
then set default browser to "firefox %s"

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 23:19:10 +0100, Mr R A Mercer
<r.a.mercer at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just installed FC2, I want to use firefox/thunderbird builds from
> mozilla.org but am having problems setting the programs correctly in the
> Preferred Applications preferences.
>
> Currently I have
>
> /home/ram/firefox-0.9.3/firefox %s
> /home/ram/thunderbird-0.7.3/thunderbird %s
>
> set for browser/mail client respectively.
>
> Clicking on a web link in thunderbird opens in firefox fine as long as
> firefox is not running, if it is I get the Select Profile window
> (similarly for clicking on a mailto link in firefox).
>
> How can I get it so that the respective link opens as expected whether
> or not firefox/thunderbird is running?
>
> Cheers
>
> Adam
>
> --