Fedora Core 2 uninstallable on my machine

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Sep 6 14:57:16 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 06.09.2004 schrieb Jeffrey Mutonho um 8:18:

Please don't reply to other list postings while you want to start a new
topic. Save the list address in your address book of the mailer you use.
You caused "thread hijacking" of "shadow and password , can you help me
?".

> I've been battling with installing FC2 on my machine.My installation
> keeps failing with a message saying "Install exited abnormally..." and
> then a message for me to reboot the machine.I've googled and stumbled
> upon a post (at
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-May/msg05225.html)with
> the same problem and the response seemed to suggest that it was a
> hardware issue.FC1 installs without a problem.I've used the same CDs
> on another work machine and had no problems at all.

If the message appears, switch to a different console using
"Ctrl+Alt+F2" for instance. I do not have in mind which console prints
out more useful information. Once in console view mode you can switch
between consoles using "Ctrl+Fx" key combinations, where "Fx" is one of
the function keys from F1 to F4.

> There's a summary of my machine:
>
> Processor
> Model : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+
> Speed : 1.66GHz

So no overclocking - I hope.

> Mainboard : nVidia-nForce2
> Total Memory : 1023MB DDR-SDRAM

From what I did read in the past the chipset is critical with RAM. HAve
you mixed RAM sorts? If yes try again with fewer RAM of one kind.

> jeff mutonho

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 16:51:33 up 7 days, 14:08, load average: 0.41, 0.38, 0.35