Fedora Core 2 uninstallable on my machine

Jeffrey Mutonho ejbengine at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 05:39:39 UTC 2004

Hi there

>Your summary of the hard disks indicates 3 partitions of type NTFS with
>a total of ~80gb.  I realize  that you have 2 drives, but I wonder how
>you are doing the install.
I'm installing FC2 on the second drive , the  MAXTOR 6L040J2 (37.3GB)
, which is the secondary master.The 80G one with the NTFS partitions
is the primary master.

>Are you trying to install to an existing partition?
>or are you creating new install partitions?
Nope.I'm installing on a new partitions on the MAXTOR 6L040J2 (37.3GB)

>Which hard drive is master and which is slave?

 Maxtor 6Y080L0 (76.3GB) ------is the primary master.It's slave is a
DVD-ROM drive

 MAXTOR 6L040J2 (37.3GB)----is the secondary master.It's slave is a CDROM drive

>Where are the NTFS partitions?
The NTFS partions is where XP is resident(on the Maxtor 6Y080L0 (76.3GB) disk)

>Can you provide an fdisk -l output for each drive (will answer the
>second and 3rd questions above) and the answers to my questions above.
Dunno is the info I've given is sufficient to provide a lead.If not
I'll do the fdisk -l thing later today.The  machine is sitting at home
and I'lll only be able to access it later today.
The strange thing is that FC1 installs without any problem.In fact ,
that's what I have temporarily running on the machine.

jeff mutonho