FC1 not responding

Berg, Ivan Michael (Ivan) ivanberg at avaya.com
Tue Sep 7 16:01:34 UTC 2004

I had the same issue with a FC2 box with a TNT video card running the
OOTB nv driver. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace didn't work. Keyboard LEDS were dead,
etc..... SSH into the box and killing X is successful.

I believe, but am not certain, that this lock occurs or more frequently
occurs during OpenGL rendering.

I resolved this by "upgrading" to the binary Nvidia drivers at
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux.html.

Ivan