Adding users with first.last name

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Tue Sep 7 22:34:06 UTC 2004

You can use user IDs with moer than 8 characters, I guess there is a maximum
length, but I don't know what it is. Your problem is most likely that dots
are invalid characters for a user ID. You could simply use underscores
instead.

The dot in the email address in the form of first.last at domain.com is usually
done using alias or virtualuser features of the mailserver application.

MARK