lm_sensors not working with fc-2

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at att.net
Wed Sep 8 12:27:41 UTC 2004

Jean Delvare wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Regarding your problems with lm_sensors on FC2 as seen on fedora-list, I might
>be able to help you, but I need to know the following:
>
>1* Full output of sensors-detect (answering the default to each question.)
>2* List of (i2c-related) modules you were using with RH9 (i.e. when it was
>working).
>3* List of (i2c-related) modules you are using now.
>
>Does by any chance FC2 feature a 2.6 kernel while RH9 was using a 2.4? Not all
>chip drivers have been ported to 2.6, especially if you are not using the
>latest one, so it could explain why you can't get it to work on FC2.

Yes, my RH9 files contain a driver for "adm9240"
FC2 does not and I have not found a way to fix that.

locate adm9240 produces:

/mnt/hdb2/lib/modules/2.4.20-8/kernel/drivers/sensors/adm9240.o

But I can find no similar files in FC2/2.6 so that I can try adding this
to it and I don't know if that would work if I could?

Thanks for your interest ...

Bob Goodwin    Zuni, Virginia