Red Hat nash problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Sep 8 13:09:46 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 08.09.2004 schrieb Paul Furness um 10:49:

> If it's any help, I've recently done a lot of installs of FC2 on our
> number crunching cluster and a few workstations, and I've noticed that
> on a dual CPU system, the boot up appears to hang at the "Red Hat
> nash..." line for a considerable period - over a minute on many of the
> systems - before boot up continues normally.
>
> Occasionally - about 1 in 6 new builds - the system does actually hang
> at that point (> 30 minutes left to itself), but on all occasions (so
> far) a power cycle gets past it.

> Paul.

It would be interesting to know what you see when booting with "quiet"
mode off. Means erasing the "quiet" parameter from the kernel boot line.
This sets the verbosity back to normal.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 15:07:48 up 9 days, 12:24, load average: 1.19, 1.19, 1.21