Oracle client install?

Tarun Reddy treddy at tarun.homeip.net
Wed Sep 8 19:07:24 UTC 2004

Not sure what OCI is... I'm strictly a jdbc/sqlplus guy.

With the rpms, sqlplus works without the typical tns files with the
following syntax:

Finally getting rid of that mapping file... (the port can be eliminated
if running on 1521)

for an install from the standard oracle downloads, get the
ship.client.cpio.gz file

gunzip ship.client.cpio.gz
cpio -idmv < ship.client.cpio

cd Disk1
./runInstaller -ignoreSysPrereqs

That should do it.... I would recommend Oracle 10g. It doesn't need all
of the patches that the 9.2.x series needs...

Tarun