display power management

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 10 11:00:25 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 10:40:44PM +0100, Colin J Thomson wrote:
> On Thursday 09 Sep 2004 22:15, hicham wrote:
> > hello
> > I'm havin a problem with the monitor "standing by"
> > every 10 min. in kde
> > I've made an update to KDE 3.3 can't find power
> > display management on control center
> > are there any "manual" commands ?
>
> It should be in :
> Control Centre > Peripherals > Display
>
> Depending on which "flavour" of kde3.3 you run,

Also check screensaver options (xscreensaver).
A blank screensaver might look like power saver kicking in.
xscreensaver does interact with power management.
Also check the BIOS setting, there can be some interaction there.

for X-screensaver rtfm... find:
    "The easiest way to configure xscreensaver is to simply run the
    xscreensaver-demo(1) program, and change the settings through
    the GUI.  The rest of this manual page describes lower level ways
    of changing settings."

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Just say no to 74LS73 in 2004