strange connection problem

Lai Zit Seng lzs at pobox.com
Fri Sep 10 17:07:37 UTC 2004

During those moments when you can't connect, can you check what your
'ifconfig' and 'netstat -rn' says? Do you still have IP and correct
default route?

Can you ping your default gateway (by its IP address)? If you can, can you
then ping something further away that you know ordinarily should be up and
reachable?

That should help narrow down the problem a little :P

Regards,

.lzs