aic7xx system hangs

Jeremy Conlin jlconlin at umich.edu
Fri Sep 10 18:55:05 UTC 2004

On Sep 10, 2004, at 2:33 PM, C. Linus Hicks wrote:
> Generally speaking, the kernel and driver versions in the installer are
> the same as what gets installed, which you can imagine is a good test
> see if the system will actually run after the install is complete. So,
> did you install from FC2 CDs? And can you boot the installer CD in
> rescue mode and see your partitions on the hard drive created by the
> installer?
>
> Then while you are there, check out the version numbers of the kernel
> and the aic7xxx driver.
> --
> C. Linus Hicks <lhicks at nc.rr.com>

I did install FC2 from the CDs.  My latest installation was upgrading
from RH9.  I know my system will boot into RH9 so that is where I
started.  I can boot the installer CD into rescue mode, but don't know
where to check the version numbers for the kernel and aic7xxx driver.
What would I do when I find those numbers?

Thanks,
Jeremy