3 hard drives as 1 solved but one question still

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sat Sep 11 11:52:25 UTC 2004

On Saturday 11 September 2004 11:51, Ragnar Wiencke wrote:
> Thanks, this worked!!
> But there is one question though, what are you telling me with "You should
> move the mount point off the / directory to be FHS
>  compliant" ?
I beleve he is suggesting that you should not mount /dev/mapper/vg01-lv01 to a
directory directly under / (ie /drif), but to a subdirectory, such as /mnt
(ie /mnt/drif). of course it doesn't have to be /mnt ...

just as a follow-up to the original post, were you aware that    you don;t
have top specify tye number of extents for an lv, you can ask for a specific
size, in Kb, Mb, Gb or Tb?
> > > 4    Then I ran lvcreate -l4 -nlv01 vg01
this would then be lvcreate -L 250G -n lv01 vg01

HTH

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX