Bug? FC2 hang when going to graphical progress screen

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 11 14:05:19 UTC 2004

Neil Aggarwal wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am getting frequent hangs when FC2 tries to start the
> graphical progress screen.  This does not happen all
> the time, but if I set the machine to runlevel
> 3, I have no problems at all.  I can even run startx
> from the command line after logging in and have
> no problems.
>
> The machine has a SuperMicro P4SGE motherboard.
> You can see more details at:
> http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/P4/845/P4SGE.cfm
>
> Any ideas on how to diagnose this?
>
> I can replicate it fairly often.
>
> Thanks,
> 	Neil

I could not get to the supermicro link posted. By the url, it looks like
a P4 using the 845 chipset. I had X problems with X versions before the
current versions from CVS contained in the development directories for
Fedora.
If you are using a computer with an 845 graphics card, you might try the
CVS version to see if it works without the random lockups.

Jim