How to uninstall component on FC1

dev.loop at gmail.com dev.loop at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 16:39:27 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: usmany at excite.com <usmany at excite.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:31:13 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: How to uninstall component on FC1
To: fedora-list at redhat.com, fedora-list-request at redhat.com

Good Day Guys,

I want to know how to uninstall component on my FC1 (fedora core 1) eg
qmail, sendmail? I dont want to use it anymore on one of my systems...

If it is a component that was installed via rpm do the following:
Find out, what the exact name of the installed component is with "rpm
-qa | grep gmail" for example. That will return the exact name
including the version no. and such. For example something like
"qmail_1.4-i386"
Then do the uninstall with "rpm -e qmail_1.4-i386"

If I also want to uninstall the FC1 completely from my system and
install another os, eg, windown os. How will I go about it?

Slip in the bootable install cd of another os and install it. Easy as pie.
Consider backing up your data.

How can I also be able to access my diskette on FC1 system?

"mount /mnt/floppy" as root

BUT: All this could have been solved by two quick google searches or a
look through the archives. So, please: Start using search engines !!!

Cheers,
/dev/loop