Mozilla Plugins Directory

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Sep 12 23:46:17 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 13.09.2004 schrieb Lonnie Cumberland um 1:09:

> In relation to updates, I did not see any utility in the "System
> Settings" ro "System Tools" to do updates on the installed packages.
> There is only the "Add/Remove Applications" utility.
>
> The only other way that I know to do it is to manually do it via the rpm
> command line utility.
>
> Is there a graphical utility for this?

> Lonnie

Lonnie, unfortunately you mean this question seriously. This is the
reason why I sent you to the unofficial FAQ.

There is yum and up2date coming with Fedora for updates. up2date is both
graphical as command line. From external you can get a yum GUI as well
apt-rpm (command line for package management) and synaptic as it's GUI.

There is plenty of documentation about it. I once wrote this small paper
for setting up up2date and yum:
http://www.fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror

Please read a bit.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 01:38:43 up 13 days, 22:55, load average: 1.44, 0.68, 0.40