Red Hat Fedora vs Enterprise Linux WS vs Desktop

Adam Boettiger adam.boettiger at pobox.com
Sun Sep 12 23:50:54 UTC 2004

I almost hate to ask this question on this list, but I've looked in the
archives and can't find it.  I've looked at this chart here:
http://www.redhat.com/software/rhelorfedora/

My question is:

Other than getting the paid support, is there any real reason to buy
Redhat Enterprise Linux WS or Redhat Linux Desktop as opposed to just
using Fedora IN A DESKTOP ENVIRONMENT? (not a server)

The comparison chart doesn't really do a great job of prompting me to
take out my credit card.  I don't get it. Is it just that the commercial
versions are supposedly more stable and have more packages available for
them or ... ?

If this question has been asked before, just tell me so and shoot me the
URL off-list or on-list and I'll happily RTFM, but I have looked and no
can find.

AB