K3B no devices seen as normal user

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Mon Sep 13 05:03:12 UTC 2004

Clint Harshaw wrote/ha scritto, On/il 13/09/2004 02:06:

> Phil Savoie wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> How do normal users use k3b?  As root I have no problem as all
>> devices are seen.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>

>> Phil
>

> Hi Phil,
>
> The kernel developers felt cd burning by non-root users posed a
> security risk. They are working on the issue. In the meantime, see if
> this will help:
>
> http://penguinsolutions.org/fedora/cdrw/
>
> There are work-arounds in the tutorial for using the existing kernel,
> booting an earlier kernel, and (in case, like me, you deleted the
> earlier kernel before you realized it didn't have this bug ;-)
> re-installing an earlier kernel.
>
> Hope this helps!
> Clint

Generally speaking: is this issue only for k3b or also for other burning
application (as XCDroast)?? because here XCDroast seems to properly
setup the burner as normal user...but not K3b

--

 Antonio M.

 Working with  Mozilla 1.7.2 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2
     Uso Mozilla 1.7.2 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2
		www.montagnani.org