Configuring Sendmail

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Sep 13 19:43:08 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 06:01, Chris Logan wrote:
> Well what I want it to do is to have:
>
> fred at your.domain
> jim at your.domain
> bob at your.domain
>
> All have there own separate email accounts but how do I do that without creating a new linux user each time?

If that's what you want to do I'm afraid you'll need to create separate
Linux accounts. Each will have their own mailbox file, and somebody
needs to own that file, i.e. a user for that account.

If you don't want the users to be able to log in to the machine, just
create the users with /sbin/nologin as their shell (see the -s option
for useradd).

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>