USB Keyboard Problem

Gideon N. Guillen gideong at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 05:13:03 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm having problems with a USB keybaord in my system. When I upgraded
my kernel to 2.6.8 (official Fedora kernel 2.6.8-1.521, i686), my USB
keyboard stopped working. When I boot-up, it would just freeze on
"Mounting USB filesystem" if the USB keybaord is attached. If I
quickly remove the keyboard when it freezes, the system will continue
booting. However, if I do this, hot plugging any other USB device
doesn't work anymore, like my USB flash drive. This also happens when
I boot-up without the USB keyboard attached, then attaching the
kayboard after the system has booted (login prompt on screen).

Any ideas what is the cause of the problem. I only encountered this
after upgrading to the said kernel version. I was not having this
problem before I upgraded to the 2.6.8 kernel. Previously, I the
kernel I used was 2.6.6-1.435.2.3 i686, also the official Red Hat
kernel. I had to dig out my spare PS/2 keyboard to be able to use my
computer. Oh, and BTW, I tried this by attaching my keyboard on a USB
1.1 hub and directly to the USB port (MSI KT400A).

--
Gideon N. Guillen
gideong at gmail.com