Going Mad With Fedora Core 2 Download/HELP!

Lorn Miller ldmiller at flablader.no-ip.org
Tue Sep 14 19:19:28 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 15:00, ridan abid wrote:
<snip>
> First of, my question is, what do get when you
> download the fc2-i386-disk1.iso image. My results is
> a,once burned on a cd, a non bootable and non
> compatible win file.

</snip>

I'm a noob, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

does the md5sum come back the same as on the webpage?  if not, you've
got a bad download.

If it does, make sure you burn the .iso file as an image, not just the
file.

on top of all this, make sure your computer can boot off a CD.

I downloaded and burned the CDs like this a few months back (when fc2
was released) and the first CD was bootable.

Lorn Miller