SB Live EMU10K1 on FC2 Silent Speakers

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Thu Sep 16 01:23:58 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 19:54, Temlakos wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 20:48, Lorn Miller wrote:
> > Temlakos
> >
> > When I installed FC2 (On a Gateway 2k system), the test sound didn't
> > work.  When I started the audio mixer, I found that all the volume
> > controls were all the way down.  Once I turned those up, it worked fine.
> >
> > I hope it's something this simple, I know I would hate to go without my
> > audio.
> >
> > good luck
> >
> > Lorn Miller
>
> Unfortunately, it's not so simple. Even when I run the sliders all the
> way up, the sound stays stubbornly off.
>
> TAH

In one case I had to use alsamixer to set it's sliders up, then also ran
aumix to set it's sliders up before I could get sound to work.

Maybe that is the root of your problem.

BTW, the test sound does not use the mixer settings so it should work
regardless as long as the speakers are properly connected and turned up
themselves.  Have you checked that?