SB Live EMU10K1 on FC2 Silent Speakers

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 16 01:58:49 UTC 2004

Jeff Vian wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 19:54, Temlakos wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 20:48, Lorn Miller wrote:
>>

>>>Temlakos
>>>
>>>When I installed FC2 (On a Gateway 2k system), the test sound didn't
>>>work.  When I started the audio mixer, I found that all the volume
>>>controls were all the way down.  Once I turned those up, it worked fine.
>>>
>>>I hope it's something this simple, I know I would hate to go without my
>>>audio.
>>>
>>>good luck
>>>
>>>Lorn Miller
>>>

>>Unfortunately, it's not so simple. Even when I run the sliders all the
>>way up, the sound stays stubbornly off.
>>
>>TAH
>>

>In one case I had to use alsamixer to set it's sliders up, then also ran
>aumix to set it's sliders up before I could get sound to work.
>
>Maybe that is the root of your problem.
>
>BTW, the test sound does not use the mixer settings so it should work
>regardless as long as the speakers are properly connected and turned up
>themselves.  Have you checked that?

I have an emu10k1/Audigy setup and it never had sound at a reboot/log
out/Ctl-Alt/B-space,
I found that a default setting in the mixers -
alsamixer;gnome-alsamixer;kmix;aumix labeled
'Audigy Analog/Digital Output Jack' if checked=no
sound;unchecked=sound,I don't know if
SBLive has any similar settings but its worth experimenting with.

        david