Installing Linux (Rainer)

Eric Cartman cartman_in_southpark_1981 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 04:34:42 UTC 2004

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I have not installed RAM at a time but I have run memtest86 through current configuration.  My cpu is very small and it is a big hastle opening it and taking or putting RAM back and forth.  I would work on your suggestiond during weekend.  memtest86 ran for about 5 hours.  I finally turned off the pc.  But till that time, it hase passed 7 tests and has not showed any error yet.  I was under the impression earlier that my cd was not burnt correctly, but i just used that cd today to check out on my friend;s laptop and it has gone passed that stage where i was getting error so there should be something in my computer.  Do you think it may have problem with CD drive???  How can i boot up using floppy?  I have also downloaded rescue image, do u think i can try it out?  If I can, how?  I would appreciate any help I can get regarding this issue.  Thanks.
looks possibly like bad ram. went through this lately. try memtest86
and
put your ram in, one at a time in bank1 and do the test thoroughly for
each stick. i was impatient and it delayed my diagnosis by a week. also
check the minimum requirements for a graphical install - you seem to be
a little on the low side. good luck

http://mail.yahoo.com