FC2 + newest openoffice = slower

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Sep 16 19:23:40 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 16.09.2004 schrieb Trevor Smith um 21:08:

> On his sytem, he manages to get 20MB/sec throughput with his changes. On my
> system, half his suggestions are already turned on. Turning on the other half
> does nothing. My throughput remains the same (actually decreased slightly but
> the figures always seem to fluctuate slightly).

The system normally do already turn on best values.

> Most interestingly, despite the MUCH newer hardware I'm running, my throughput
> is only 10MB/sec -- not 20MB/sec like he's getting with 8 yr old equipment.
> Even with the same settings he uses. Even without the settings he uses. NO
> matter what.

Do yourself a favour and be _very_ careful with what you enable using
hdparm! You risk data loss. Many hdparm switches are risky.

> Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 21:21:48 up 17 days, 18:38, load average: 0.81, 0.62, 0.36