Volume Control - Fedora Core 2

john bray jmblin at comcast.net
Thu Sep 16 23:09:59 UTC 2004

there was a discussion about this some time ago.  someone indicated that
the alsa settings were actually saved properly at shutdown.  but just
not restored properly.  per that recommendation, i added this to my
/etc/rc.d/rc.local and the problem went away:
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore

john

        Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult
can't sail? can't make pictures? no motorcycle? what else is there? - john bray
When I have to die for real, I don't want to look back at my life and
        have just a long string of I should haves.  - bob whitney, in WOTI