Help building a driver for 3CR990B-LB-97

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 17 01:07:32 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 04:04:02PM -0300, Rick Meyer wrote:

> Update on 3COM Network Driver for Linux 2.6.x - I spoke to 3COM
> today and the only way get Linux support is only through the 3COM
> knowledge base or to call them.  The email address for Linux support
> bounces and they no longer accept requests for Linux drivers via
> e-mail.

> So I asked for a 2.6 Kernel Driver for the 3CR990 to be built.
> However I was not given any response at all other than the request
> has been passed on.  3Com will not keep me informed about the
> request, whether it was accepted or not.

> I can only check the knowledge base from time to time to see if a
> driver was built.  Other than that (I'm told) there is no other way
> to check the driver status for the 3CR990B network card. What kind
> of support is that?

> Arrrrg!

Arrrrg it is I set out to download the driver
and the download URL presents this little hint.

    NOTE: Please disable any firewall features on your computer to
    ensure successful downloads.

And to boot this is a firewall -- security card.
What are they thinking....

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	In the USA, vote informed, second Tuesday Nov 2004.