NVIDIA 6111 driver and console mode

Eric Tanguy eric.tanguy at physique.univ-nantes.fr
Fri Sep 17 10:43:42 UTC 2004

Le ven 17/09/2004 à 12:12, Alexander Dalloz a écrit :
> Am Fr, den 17.09.2004 schrieb eric tanguy um 10:46:
>
> > Is it because using rhgb make console in other mode than standard one and
> > then switching between X and console make the nvidia driver lost in tv
> > mode ?
> > Eric
>
> From your initial posting in this thread I did understand you in a way,
> that the bootup process does not make any problems. As you now mentions
> RHGB I assume you boot with rhgb enabled. At that time the NVidia driver
> is not already loaded. You described problem does not sound like you
> have a problem with the frame buffer mode along with the NVidia driver
> but running TV output without any monitor attached. So set in the
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> Option  "IgnoreDisplayDevices"  "Crt"
>
> in the Section "Device" where the nvidia driver is configured. I bet
> your problem is gone then after restarting X.
>
> Alexander

Thanks for your answer. You're right my xorg.conf is configure in
twinview clone mode with CRT and TV. When the 2 are connected no
problem. When i switch from X to console i have only the console on the
monitor. But when i have only the TV plugged in, the first console is on
the TV but after launching X when i want to switch to console (alt ctrl
FX) the image on the TV is completely flickered. The same if i stop X. I
have to modify my xorg.conf for the case i have only TV plugged in ? Or
can i have a xorg.conf good for the 2 configurations : CRT+TV, TV only ?
Eric