Gnome settings error

Srinivasan S ssrini at rediffmail.com
Sun Sep 19 08:01:51 UTC 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hi,

All along things were fine with FC2 .. suddenly I now have this problem
-----------------------------------
"There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon.
Some things, such as themes, sounds, or background settings may not work correctly.
The Settings Daemon restarted too many times.
The last error message was:
Child process did not give an error message, unknown failure occurred
GNOME will still try to restart the Settings Daemon next time you log in"
It just does not go away whatever I do .. also if I restart the gnome session it just hangs and I need to reboot (ctrl+backspace) also does not help

Please provide some assistance

Regards
Srinivasan