Email Server

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Sep 19 14:53:13 UTC 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 07:37, Seb E. Payne wrote:
>Thanks for your quick responses. So I think that Postfix is the best
>thing to use.
>
>I want to use IMAP Access, Spam Checking, possibly Virus checking
> and webmail. I have seen this Webmail which includes groupware
> facilites called PHPGroupware (www.phpgroupware.org). So for a
> email server, I would need the following:
>
>1. Postfix MTA - To receive the mail
>2. Courier IMAP - To allow the clients to access the email
>3. PHP Groupware - Groupware and Webmail
>4. Spam Assassin - Spam Filtering
>
>Is this correct or do I need more than this?

Take a look at QMail too.  We've been using it at the tv station
<http://www.wdtv.com> for several years with good results.

Its versatile enough that I have an account on it accessable from
home, it doesn't relay and the filtering is fairly decent.  And it
scales well to business account sized numbers of clients without
needing a lot of big iron to do it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)