Implementing SPAM and virus protection for mail server

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Sep 20 13:13:06 UTC 2004

James Marcinek wrote:
> I didn't need an English lesson. Who wants this input? I capitalized to get
> attention.
>
> Thanks for nothing
>
> For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>The subject for this thread is inaccurate.  This thread isn't about
>>protection against "SPAM", a registered trademark of Hormel Foods for
>>their canned meat product, but against "spam", unsolicited commercial email.

You might not have wanted to know this, but there were probably many people on
the list that did not know the difference between "SPAM" and "spam", and now
they do (see also http://www.spam.com/ci/ci_in.htm). So the respondent's post
was useful, albeit not to you.

Of course, spam is more properly defined as "unsolicited bulk email" rather
than "unsolicited commercial email" but that's another discussion.

Paul.