Implementing SPAM and virus protection for mail server

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Sep 20 15:30:42 UTC 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 09:13, Paul Howarth wrote:
>James Marcinek wrote:
>> I didn't need an English lesson. Who wants this input? I
>> capitalized to get attention.
>>
>> Thanks for nothing
>>
>> For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
wrote:
>>>The subject for this thread is inaccurate.  This thread isn't
>>> about protection against "SPAM", a registered trademark of Hormel
>>> Foods for their canned meat product, but against "spam",
>>> unsolicited commercial email.
>
>You might not have wanted to know this, but there were probably many
> people on the list that did not know the difference between "SPAM"
> and "spam", and now they do (see also
> http://www.spam.com/ci/ci_in.htm). So the respondent's post was
> useful, albeit not to you.
>
>Of course, spam is more properly defined as "unsolicited bulk email"
> rather than "unsolicited commercial email" but that's another
> discussion.

OT as is this, but IMO, the knickers in a knot that hormel seems to
have gotten themselves into, does rather sound like something they
really should get over.  They'll never be able to control the real
world useage of so common a word, one thats been part of the US
english vocabulary for something over 60 years IIRC.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)