/ space usage

Mark Haney mhaney at interactsys.com
Mon Sep 20 19:16:57 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 15:06, Paul Howarth wrote:

> Anyway, try running "du -ks *" in the root directory and you'll get back
> the usage (in kilobytes) of each of the top level files/directories.
> Choose the one that's the problem and do "du -ks" in that directory etc.
> until you find the problem.
>
> Paul.
> --
> Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>

No, I'm an idiot.  I didn't count on /home (being a separate partition,
but MOUNTED under /) counting against the file size of / (which is a
separate partition),  So I figure I've got about 7GB of stuff in / and
about that much in /home (which is mounted under /) and there you have
my problem. Dumkopf.  Ah well, being an imbecile is a tough job, but
someone has to do it.  I apologize to the list for wasting bandwidth.  I
should have looked a little closer at my problem.

Mark Haney
Network Administrator
InterAct Public Safety Systems
mhaney at interactsys.com
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) Kernel: 2.6.8-1.521 GNU/Linux
15:14:03 up 30 min, 2 users, load average: 0.64, 0.57, 0.38