squid auth with samba 3 + winbind 3.

Badli Al Rashid badli at cfking.com
Tue Sep 21 05:07:11 UTC 2004

hai,

I had looked at the faq on authentication
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-23.html#ss23.5 using winbind. i had
followed the step by step instrustions there.

but i dont have any winnt dc or another samba dc, i had point the
"password server = sambaserver" in the smb.conf, samba and squid are on
the same server.

when i did the "wbinfo -t" part, it gives the following output:-

checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR (0xc00000e5)
Could not check secret

my question is, can squid be used to authenticate Samba+Winbind on
the same samba dc. i had checked on the squid + samba mailing, im a bit blur on this ;(. can somebody show me the correctway :)

thanks