Oracle DB Creation Error

Alexander Apprich a.apprich at science-computing.de
Tue Sep 21 05:41:15 UTC 2004

rhugga,

Chuck Carson wrote:
> I installed oracle 9.2.0.4 and then patched to 9.2.0.5 w/o problems. (I also applied the metalink
> patch #3006854 before installing.
>
> Now I am trying to use dbca to create a database and it keeps failing at the same point.
>
> About 14% into the install during the "Creating data dictionary views" phase it display the follow
> error dialog:
> ORA-29807: Specified Operator does not exist.
>
> I then have the option to Ignore or Abort.
>
> Anyone else run into this problem?

I'm not using an Oracle Database in any way, but I did a quick google
search on your error.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/hunter_rac_3.html

[snip from this article]
  Notes During the Oracle RAC Database Creation Process

     * ORA-29807 Error

       Within the "Creating data dictionary views" phase of the database
creation process, you will receive an ORA-29807 error. If you look in
the log file, you will see the following:

drop operator XMLSequence
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-29807: specified operator does not exist

       This is a known issue (Bug: 2686156) and can be ignored. To
continue the database creation process, hit the "Ignore" button:

> Thx,
> rhugga

Alex