[OT] - New virus?

Michael Jezierski - Systec Conveyors mjezierski at systecconveyors.com
Tue Sep 21 20:57:20 UTC 2004

Mark Haney wrote:

>I have been getting reports from our clients (we develop Records
>Management and 911 software systems for county and city governments) of
>what sounds like a trojan or virus.  It's a process called sndmon32.exe,
>it's killing the bandwidth and processor of all the machines and it
>apparently spreading, I've not seen a packet capture of what's going on,
>but I thought I'd pop off an email and see if anyone else has heard
>anything?  I've googled for this process and hit every virus maker I can
>think of, but no luck.
>
>I know it's off topic, but I'd rather jump the gun than have it go off
>in my face.

Perhaps it's this:
<paste>*DDoS Against Authorize.net. *Authorize.net has been enduring an
extended denial of service attack. A statement on their web site
indicates that as of 1900Z today, they continue to experience
intermittent large scale distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks.
These attacks have led to periodic disruptions for some of their
merchants. </paste>

that's from isc.incidents.org BTW
--
Mike Jezierski - IT Engineer